LSS-XL GEN2 CHASSIS SYSTEM - (CHASSIS ONLY)
The original LSS-XL Gen2 chassis system was designed as a variant of our highly popular LSS chassis. The LSS chassis was designed for use with compact, short barrelled rifles. Many customers liked the LSS chassis, but wanted to use a fixed buttstock, and get their bipod out further forward.
This prompted us to design the first-generation LSS-XL chassis system, which has a forend extended by 3" and was designed to accept fixed rifle stocks without the need of using any adapters.
After the successful launch of our ESS chassis system, requests started pouring in for the new features that had been introduced on the ESS chassis to be rolled out on our other chassis systems. In response, we have upgraded our LSS-XL chassis line with a Gen2 lineup that incorporates the following new features:
- Bold, modern new look
- Ambidextrous magazine release
- Thumbrest above trigger guard
- Larger barrel channel to accommodate barrels up to the diameter of the action
- M-Lok pattern attachment slots on all five sides of the forend
- Barricade-stop grooves ahead of mag-well
- Side-relieved mag well to accommodate bulging magazines
- Carbine and fixed buttstock interface options
The chassis is designed with V-shaped bedding surfaces, allowing you to drop your rifle right in without the need for additional bedding. The bottom profile of the V-block cutout has been kept round and close to the action without making contact, maintaining maximum strength. The LSS-XL Gen2 chassis will free float barrels up to 1.350” diameter.
MOUNTING AND COMPATIBLE ACCESSORIES
The LSS-XL Gen2 chassis are designed to accept any AR-15 buttstock and pistol grip (purchased separately), offering the option to customize from the wide variety of Accessories available on the market.
The LSS-XL Gen2 chassis accepts AICS-pattern external box magazines, and supports the installation of M-Lok patterned accessories along the forend.
Note: Long action magazines come in 4 different lengths: 3.560”, 3.715", 3.775" and 3.850". Unless otherwise specified, our long action chassis use 3.715 length magazines.
The chassis will accept recoil lugs up to .350" (8.9mm) thick.
- Increases accuracy by up to 21%
- CNC Machined from 6061 Aluminum
- Cerakote finish in Black or Flat Dark Earth
- M-Lok pattern attachment system on all 5 faces of the forend
- Carbine buttstock interface option designed for carbine AR-15 buttstocks, including the MDT Skeleton Carbine Stock
- Fixed buttstock interface option designed for fixed AR-15 buttstocks, optimally the MDT Skeleton Rifle Stock V5
- Accepts most AR-15 Pistol Grips
- Lightweight, free-floating modular forend
- Will accommodate barrels up to 1.350" diameter
- Compatible with AICS style magazines
- Weight: 1.6lb - 2.0lb, depending on the rifle model